Municipal Engagement Advisory Group
The Municipal Engagement Advisory Group, created in spring 2023, meets virtually, bi-monthly.
The purpose of the Municipal Engagement Advisory Group is to provide advice, insights, and opinions to management to support the development of the Municipal Engagement Strategy for consideration by the Communications Committee of the Board of Directors. The goal of the strategy is to raise awareness of P3s to support municipal infrastructure development, asset management and to build a pipeline of projects.
The Municipal Engagement Advisory Group consists of one representative from membership organizations that choose to participate, on a first-come, first-serve basis with up to 20 members who represent municipalities or are actively engaged in the development and delivery of municipal infrastructure, such as public transit, water and wastewater treatment, roads and bridges. Interested members can contact Lisa Mitchell @ [email protected]
Meet the Members
- Tom Barlow, Partner, Fasken
- Daniel Herscovitch, Development Manager, Bird Capital
- Sam Johnson, Director of Development, Graham Capital
- Asif Kurji, Senior Advisor, Consultant, Capital Investments and Infrastructure, City of Calgary
- Wesley Muir, Manager of Business Development, Veolia North America
- Edward Ng, Partner, Infrastructure and Project Finance Advisory, EY
- Greg Oberti, Partner, Capital Projects & Infrastructure, PwC Canada
- Marianne Smith, Partner, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Josh Van Deurzen, Partner, Torys LLP
Data and Research Committee
The opportunity to join CCPPP's Data and Research Committee, created in spring 2023, is open to any public or private sector member organization. This would be of particular interest to members with:
- Research capabilities such as government departments or agencies, consultants and others actively engaged in collecting and analysing data
- Interest in sharing their knowledge and/or data more widely within the sector to promote greater understanding of P3s and drive national change
The committee, which will consist of up to 15 representatives, will require a high degree of engagement from participating members.
Together, the committee will work with CCPPP staff to lead the development and implementation of specific areas of work to support the P3 industry, and in support of the Council’s Board-approved business plan activities.
On occasion, the committee will be asked to brief the Board of Directors on its activities and progress.
Joining the committee requires an annual membership add-on fee of $2,000 or an in-kind donation of resources or services of equal value (eg. researcher, writer, graphic design, etc.) to be approved by Council staff.
To indicate your interest, please email Lisa Mitchell at [email protected]
The first meeting will take place in Fall 2023. Participation in this committee will run for 12 months, ending May 31, 2024.
The Council's Awards Commitee is an expert panel of knowledgeable and objective Canadian leaders who set the guidelines and judge applications submitted to the National Awards for Innovation and Excellence in P3s
The committee also determines what projects will be the subject of three annually produce case studies
and review content before it is published each fall.
Meet the Members
- Brad Nicpon, Chair of the Awards Selection Committee and Partner, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Shariq Alvi, Managing Director, Infrastructure and Project Finance, CIBC
- Rupesh Amin, Managing Partner, Infrastructure & Development, Forum Equity Partners
- Derron Bain, Managing Director, Concert Infrastructure
- Peter Hepburn, Managing Director and Head, Infrastructure and Project Finance, National Bank Financial Markets
- Sherena Hussain, Founder, Academic Collaboration Consulting (ACC)
- Dr. Alan Russell, Professor Emeritus, Department of Civil Engineering, University of British Columbia
- Lindsay Wright, Partner, Global Infrastructure Advisory – Deal Advisory, KPMG LLP