To shape the future of Canada’s infrastructure and services by delivering value to Canadians through public-private partnerships (P3s).
The Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships is committed to the advancement of public-private partnership models through:
- Convening both public and private market participants to discuss leading practices and harness lessons learned and adapting the model as needed
- Advocating for the use of public-private partnership models, where appropriate to build a sustained pipeline of projects across the country, and
- Conducting research to support evidence-based decision making and demonstrate the benefits of the model
The Council will advocate for procurement models to deliver infrastructure and services to Canadians that provide efficient solutions to public sector objectives, provide value to taxpayers, and encompass each of the following four essential attributes of most effective P3s:
- Allocate the appropriate risk transfer to the party best suited to manage it
- Consider the whole life cycle of the asset
- Drive innovation and efficiencies, and
- Leverage private capital and expertise
The Council will first and foremost support the long-term alignment of incentives through the inclusion of private capital, given its demonstrated effectiveness as a tool to achieve desired outcomes. It will also continue to work with the broader partnership-model community to advance areas of common interest.