Job Posting: CCPPP Director of Communications and Media Relations
Founded in 1993, the Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships (CCPPP) is the national not-for-profit, member-based organization whose mission is to promote smart, innovative and modern approaches to infrastructure development and service delivery in collaboration with all levels of government and the private sector.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director will work closely with all parts of the organization to create and deliver innovative and compelling communications and media relations strategies that support member engagement, stakeholder outreach and events. The Director will also support high-priority strategic initiatives that raise visibility for the Council, ensuring CCPPP is the strategic choice for government officials, elected representatives and business decision-makers. The Director plays a key role in identifying emerging trends and issues, and working with members, colleagues, and stakeholders in formulating innovative responses and positions.
- Develop and implement an integrated, strategic communications plan and consistent messaging to broaden awareness of and promote the CCPPP’s mandate and brand identity across key stakeholder audiences.
- Advise and support colleagues regarding communications, marketing and media strategies, challenges and opportunities.
- Lead and oversee communications research, including marketing analysis and stakeholder reviews, to inform strategies
- Identify opportunities for CCPPP to grow its communications outreach and impact
- Regularly report on communications activities, monitoring performance and providing metrics on success measures
- Work closely with President and CEO and Council staff regarding the management of critical, highly sensitive public issues, ensuring rapid, strategic response
- Proactively anticipate challenges and emerging issues and facing the sector.
- Work with colleagues to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
- Ensure approved issues management and communications strategies are implemented effectively across all channels
- Prepare issues briefing notes for Council leadership
- Prepare and execute as needed, all copy intended for public consumption to ensure its alignment with the strategic communications plan
- Oversee or execute as needed, the development and production of all branded print and digital communications
- Proactively showcase stories about public-private partnerships
- Prepare talking points, speeches, correspondence, PPT presentations, letters to the editor, op-eds on behalf of the President and CEO, CCPPP, and other Council representatives
- Develop plans and work processes based on project requirements and timelines and determine resources required if necessary
- Serve as point person on media interactions that promote or impact the Council
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage relationships with traditional and social media both national and regional to encourage coverage of stories and issues important to the Council
- Advise Council representatives on effective media interview techniques and practices
- Develop written materials including news releases, fact sheets, op-eds and collateral that is useful to journalists
- Oversee media monitoring for both traditional and social media
Digital Communications: Social Media, Web and New Media
- Develop and implement a strategic social media plan to generate greater engagement with key constituents.
- Work with colleagues to ensure the CCPPP website achieves CCPPP’s communications objectives
- Build relationships with target audiences through the use of digital media
- Curate content and increase audience engagement on CCPPP social media channels
- Relevant degree along with significant experience in the field of communications and/or public affairs.
- Proven success in connecting communications strategies to policy objectives and driving campaigns that create momentum on key issues.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of media communication strategies and practices
- Experience in building highly productive relationships with journalists and media groups
- Knowledge and experience in management principles and practices and a track record in supporting others to communicate in a strategic and effective way
- Experience managing and executing across several communications channels
- Willing to execute day to day tasks and work independently
- Bilingualism an asset
- Demonstrated ability to balance immediate day-to-day requirements with long-term projects and bring a strong member-focused orientation.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities across multi-level and multi-stakeholder settings
- Entrepreneurial work ethic and desire to get the job done
- Detail oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrates sound judgement and discretion
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to Mark Romoff, President and CEO, CCPPP at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00pm on Monday, June 25th, 2018.