September 23, 2020
Case Studies on Award-Winning P3 Projects Now Available
The Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships (CCPPP) is pleased to announce case studies are now available on three of the projects that were recipients of CCPPP's 2019 National Awards for Innovation & Excellence:
- The Gordie Howe International Bridge Project, Ontario-Michigan
- The Tłı̨chǫ All-Season Road, Northwest Territories
- The Stoney CNG Bus Storage and Transit Facility, City of Calgary
The case studies are available for purchase as a PDF download in the Council's bookstore.
The Council would like to give a special note of thanks to the dedicated Awards Committee that reviewed the 2019 award applications, selected the winners and provided feedback on the case studies. Using their extensive P3 knowledge and experience, they seek to ensure the case studies provide a learning tool to seasoned practitioners, as well as those new to the P3 model. The Awards Committee volunteers are:
- Cliff Inskip, Chair of the Awards Selection Committee and President, Polar Star Advisory Services Inc.
- Shariq Alvi, Managing Director, Global Infrastructure and Power, CIBC
- Rupesh Amin, CEO & Founder, Conqora Capital Partners
- Peter Hepburn, Managing Director and Head, Infrastructure and Project Finance, National Bank Financial Markets
- Alain Massicotte, Partner, Blake Cassels and Graydon LLP
- Johanne Mullen, Partner and Leader, Canadian Infrastructure and Project Finance Group, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Dr. Alan Russell, Professor & Chair, Computer Integrated Design & Construction, Department of Civil Engineering, University of British Columbia
- Godyne Sibay, Managing Partner, Ontario Region, McCarthy Tetrault LLP
- Lindsay Wright, Manager, Global Infrastructure, KPMG LLP
As well, we'd like to thank the project partners and procurement agencies for their contributions to the case studies, as well as Infrastructure Canada for its research support.
In the coming weeks, CCPPP will announce the winners of the 2020 National Awards for Innovation & Excellence at its annual conference.